Text editor toolbar
The document editor toolbar provides many options for editing your document. It includes buttons for formatting options like bold, italic, and underline. To use the text editor toolbar, simply select the text you want to edit and click on the appropriate button to perform the desired action. Some buttons may have additional options available after clicking, such as Font color.
Below is the text editor toolbar with an explanation of what each option is.
Bold, Underline, and Italic
Bold, underline, and italic are types of text formatting that can be applied to text in order to make it stand out or appear differently.
- Bold text is text that appears darker and thicker than regular text. This is often used to make certain words or phrases stand out.
- Underline text is text that appears with a line underneath it. This is often used to indicate a link or to draw attention to a specific word or phrase.
- Italic text is text that appears slanted to the right. This is often used to indicate emphasis.
Font and Font size
The type of font used for the text and its size can be changed using these two settings.
The color of the text, or a section of it, can be changed using this option. Clicking the font color option will show a color picker to make picking a color easier. You can also use hex color codes in the color chooser by entering the code and pressing Enter on your keyboard or clicking the checkmark on the screen.
Text can be aligned on the page using this section. Four options are available:
Justify will change the spacing between words so that sentences fit from edge to edge.
This option creates numbered or bulleted lists to order text. In order to make a list, highlight the text you wish to turn into a list and then click either the numbered list button or the bulleted list button. Alternatively, you can click the list option button before you have any text. Pressing the Enter key on your keyboard will create a new list entry while holding Shift before pressing Enter will add a new line to the text but won't create another list entry.
The text editor also allows you to add images to your text. There are two options for inserting an image. The first option is uploading the image from your device under the Select from files option. Alternatively, you can embed an image using its URL from the web.
- The Alternative text field can be used to provide a description of the image.
- Width and Height can be used to manually modify the size of the image. Constrain proportions ensures that if the image is resized, its width-to-height ratio stays the same and it isn't stretched awkwardly. Last on this line, a button to revert any changes made to the image size is included.
- The Insert description button enables a frame below the image where you can add text to an image.
- Lastly, the image can be aligned in reference to the page using the Basic, Left, Center, or Right buttons. Basic simply inserts the image without any alignment.
Similar to inserting images, videos can be inserted. Although videos can only be inserted from the web with either a YouTube or Vimeo link, and not from your device.
- Width and Height can be used to manually modify the size of the video. Ratio provides the three most commonly used video sizes for easy access. Last on this line, a button to revert any changes made to the video size/ratio is included.
- Constrain proportions ensures that if the video is resized, its width-to-height ratio stays the same and it isn't stretched awkwardly.
- Lastly, the video can be aligned in reference to the page using the Basic, Left, Center, or Right buttons. Basic simply inserts the video without any alignment.
Links to websites can be inserted quickly using this button.
- To link to a website, you can create a hyperlink by highlighting the text you want to use as the link, and then clicking on the insert link button.
- Enter the web address (URL) of the website you want to link to in the URL to link section.
- Text to display allows you to turn the entire link into a word or two so that it can be used as a link.
- Open in new window makes it so that the link is opened in a separate tab or window instead of changing the current window on your device.
- Once you have entered this information, click Submit. Anyone clicking on the linked text will be taken to the website you specified
View in fullscreen and Preview current text
View in fullscreen lets you see the text being edited across your entire screen, while Preview current text will provide you with a preview of what the customer will see when they receive your message.
Palmtech Complete's text editor also includes an option for setting placeholders within text. Placeholders are replaced with real data once it is in use.
To read more about placeholders visit its guide: Information placeholders