When you install an app it may require certain ‘permissions’ to function properly and Palmtech is no exception. The Palmtech app requires ‘permissions’ to your Photos and your Camera so that you can take videos and pictures in the app and have them added directly to reports.
How you access permissions for an app varies based on the device you are on. The steps below may not be the exact way your device works, but they should give you a good path to follow that will allow you to get to the right spot.
- The first step is to open the ‘Settings’ app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Next, scroll down to where it says, “Palmtech Plus” and tap on it.
(Note: The Settings screen on the iPad could look slightly different.)
- Now confirm that the option for ‘Camera’ is selected to allow access. If the button to the right of Camera is white, it means Palmtech does not have access. Tap the button to make it green (as shown below) which means Palmtech will then have access to the Camera.
- Last, we need to make sure the permissions for Photos are set. The options available for Photos are ‘Never,’ ‘Allow Photos Only’ and ‘Read and Write.’ Tap the arrow to the far right of Photos to access these options, then select ‘Read and Write.’
- First, open the ‘Settings’ app on your device.
Scroll down until you see ‘Applications’, 'Apps', or ‘Application Manager.’ Tap on this to open it. Once open, locate ‘Palmtech Plus’ in the list and tap on it.
- This will bring up information and settings for the Palmtech app. You will see the permissions section where you can adjust them to ensure Palmtech has the needed permissions.