Palmtech gives you the ability to sync your devices using the cloud. However, the files need to be moved manually from one device to another. Right after you create a custom template in Palmtech (by going to Tools → Save as Template,) you will be prompted to send the template to your cloud drive. This is the fastest way to move the template to the cloud drive. You can also manually upload a template to your cloud drive at any point in time so that you can use it on the app.
- The first step is to open Palmtech on your PC.
- Once you open Palmtech, you need to click on Manage Cloud Drive.
- Then select Templates from the dropdown menu next to Show at the top.
- You will now see a listing of all the templates on your local PC and on your cloud drive. Please scroll down until you see the template that you want to move to your App, click to highlight it, and use the first button in the middle to move it to the Cloud.
- A message will appear letting you know the transmission is in progress. This process can take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute depending on the size of the file. Do not click on anything while the ‘Transmission in Progress’ box is up. Once it is complete, the box will disappear.
- The template has now been uploaded to your cloud drive. The next step is to open the Palmtech App on the device you are moving the template to and tap on 'Settings'
- Tap on File Manager.
- On this screen, tap the cloud icon to access the files located in your cloud drive.
- Next, tap the second icon underneath the phone and cloud icons. This is the ‘Templates’ icon.
- Tap on the template file you want to download.
- Finally, tap the ‘Download’ button in the lower right-hand corner.
- A message will appear that says ‘downloading’ that will disappear after a few seconds. Once this message disappears, the template will be downloaded and you will have successfully uploaded your template from the PC to the app. The next time you start a new inspection on the app, you will see your new template as an option. If you also made changes to your library (dropdowns, ratings, etc.) you will need to move your library from the PC to the app to see those changes reflected in the app.