This article will walk you through starting a new inspection with Palmtech on both the App and the PC. You can read through the entire article or you can skip to the section you are interested in with the links below.
Starting an Inspection on the App
Starting an Inspection on the PC
Starting an Inspection on the App:
- The first step is to tap ‘Start New Inspection’ on the opening screen of the app.
- Next, the ‘Choose Template’ screen appears. From here you can select a template from three places. You can access the templates on your local device by tapping the phone icon, your cloud drive by tapping the cloud icon, or the list of other templates available to you by tapping the template icon to the far right. To select a template, simply tap on it. Let’s tap the ‘House.tmx’ template from the local device.
- If you have appointments scheduled in the portal, the next screen will prompt you to either choose an appointment or continue without one. If the inspection you’re starting is for an appointment, you can choose it by tapping the appointment in the list. Otherwise, you can tap “Continue with no appointment.
- Finally, the ‘Enter the File Name’ screen appears. Here, you can give your inspection file a name by tapping in the entry box. When finished, tap ‘Continue'.
- You have now started a new inspection and can begin entering information.
Starting an Inspection on the PC:
- The first step is to click ‘Start New Inspection’ on the Palmtech Shell on the PC. Then you can choose an appointment if you have one scheduled or select your template and click on 'Start New'.
- Next type in your file name and click on 'Save'.
- You are now ready to enter your inspection data.