Adding and changing your ratings is different in Palmtech Complete, but it's much easier and better than before. One of the great things about ratings in Palmtech Complete is they are saved to your template, so you can have different ratings for different templates.
This article will show you how ratings work and how you can edit them. To get started first go to your Palmtech portal and choose "Templates" from the toolbar at the top.
Next, choose the template you need to edit the ratings for, and you will see the ratings on the right-hand side of the screen
Templates include a set of default ratings, these ratings can be customized in several ways. New ratings can be added, existing ratings can be deleted or edited as well.
Adding new ratings
New ratings can be added to a template using the blue Add rating button.
Choose a name for the rating and a definition for it. Then select a color to go along with the rating. The Include in summary option lets you flag the rating so it always shows up in the inspection summary. Once your rating is complete, press the green Apply button in the bottom right corner of the window.
Editing existing ratings
To edit an existing rating, click the Edit button for the rating you wish to modify.
Make the changes you wish to make to the rating and then use the green Apply button to save them.
To delete a rating, click the Delete button for the rating you want to delete.
Confirm your choice in the window that pops up and you're done.
Anatomy of a rating
- Name is what will appear in the report to demonstrate the rating
- Definition is a detailed explanation of what the rating means
- Include in summary is the option to use to make sure the rating being edited always shows up in the report summary. A great example of this is any rating that may be critical or requires high visibility. Ratings with this option turned on will show a flag symbol.
- Preview provides a quick glance at how the rating will appear in the report
- Select Color lets you choose from a variety of colors to go along with the rating